Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chocolate Vanilla Sour Cream Cupcakes

It’s been a while since I managed to post in this particular blog!  (I’ve been mildly sporadic on my other blog as well lately.)  But I’m back!

I’ve been somewhat lacking in my cupcake baking lately, after a mild surprise when my pumpkin cupcakes I made last time had a very short shelf life!  (They were moldy tasting after only three days!)  However, I’m back with a new recipe, and this time, I’m actually sharing it!

I don’t remember where exactly I got this recipe, I just have it written down in my pile o’ recipes, and my son and my friend’s daughter have been begging to make cupcakes recently, so I dug it out and we finally made it!  (I hadn’t made it yet up to this point.)

This one is SERIOUSLY easy, and it’s great for kids to help out with!  I call it Chocolate Vanilla because those happen to be the flavors we used, but you can pretty much mix and match with whatever you feel like trying out and make your own flavor combinations!

The Recipe:

1 box cake mix – any flavor
1 small box pudding mix
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil

You’re definitely going to want to choose a cake mix and a pudding mix that jive well together, or your cupcakes will be less than delicious.  We chose Chocolate Fudge cake mix, and vanilla pudding mix.  Mix them all together and bake as instructed on the box.  Makes between 36 small-ish cupcakes, or 24 good-sized cupcakes.  Ice as desired.  (We used Chocolate Fudge icing too, and decorated with sprinkles.)

 

I didn’t manage to get any post-decorated cupcakes, the ones that stayed here didn’t last very long!  But I did get one when they were fairly fresh out of the oven and still cooling.

DSCN3562

No comments:

Post a Comment